You guard them as they laugh and grow,
Till, big and strong and brave,
They dash off to excitements,
Without a backward wave.
They plan, they build, they fill their world,
Till one hard night they yearn,
Quite suddenly, to be safe Home.
And softly they return.
They find a place long left behind,
And through a portal peer,
But now it’s strange and different.
What they need’s no longer there.
Did someone take it all away,
When off they went to roam?
How could they go and lose it –
Their certainty of Home?
That place where all is simple,
Where all is true and dear,
That space they knew so long ago,
Is safe –
Inside Old Bear.
A Humm by Mark, Mawson Bear’s Guardian. You can listen too if you like on Anchor.
Lionel Seeks His Fore-Lions: Pt 4: To Emu Country – Mawson Bear and his Furry Friends
- Lionel Seeks His Fore-Lions: Pt 4: To Emu Country
- Lionel Seeks His Fore-Lions: Pt 3. Perth To Geraldton
- Lionel The Lion Seeks His Fore-Lions: Pt 2. Preparing the Expedition
- When A Brave Bear Fights Cancer: A Get Well Soon Gift by Carola Schmidt
- Lionel The Lion Seeks His Fore-Lions: Pt. 1. Pictures of Oz-Stral-Ya
You are at Baffled Bear Books, the blog by Mark O’Dwyer, guardian of
Mawson, Writer Bear of It’s A Bright World To Feel Lost In.